Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 1 Down, So Is My Weight

I woke up this morning with a feeling of total peace, even though I knew I had to be weighed today.  Many times in the past on the many other weight loss journeys I have had on my own, weigh-in day brought a feeling of trepidation knowing at high noon I would be in a showdown with the Weight Watcher scale.  I could almost picture it in a spaghetti western style (how many points for the spaghetti?).  Me looking down at the scale, fingers twitching like they are ready to pull my six-shooter, saying to myself, "Do you feel lucky?  Well, do ya?"  The difference this time is, it is a total rewiring of my heart, soul, and mind.  I am not defined by the number on the scale, and really I didn't care what it said.  I knew I would be happy either way, because this time is different.  I have opened up my heart and mind to include God in my journey and now realize this is a lifestyle change.  In the past I have worked hard to get to my goal and then would somehow feel like I was "cured."  That led to failure time and time again.and I am confident once my goal is met this time I will never go back. 

I had a Weight Watcher leader a long time ago that used to say, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."  I have a new saying:  "Nothing tastes as good as peace feels."  Incidentally, I did lose 2.4 pounds which is a good, safe number to achieve.  I did not put this weight on overnight and I sure won't take it off overnight either. 

So, my dear friends, it does not matter what the number is on the scale.  Just like life itself there will be ups and downs but as long as I follow my program and know I did my best as unto the Lord, I will be okay and won't have to shoot the scale in that high-noon showdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment